WOW-another magical sunset!
WHEN ORDERING COFFEE
or phone us on our plantation
Our farm is located at:
84-5042A Mamalahoa Hwy
Captain Cook, Hawaii 96704
JUST south of the 105 mile marker on the "Mauka" side or mountain side of the highway in Honaunau North of the Honaunau post office.
HOW GOOD IS COFFEE FOR YOU? LEARN ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF ORGANICALLY GROWN COFFEE.
THIS IS A GREAT SITE AND IT HAS GOOD EXPLANATION-- CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!
Bed and Breakfasts
We are located on the Kona Coast of Hawaii's Big Island close to and overlooking Kealakekua Bay in the lush plantation area of Middle Keei. Contact Miles at http://www.ahparadise.com and check out our website www.ahparadise.com or phone us at 1-866-567-4375
Nourish your body and soul on the sunny Kona Coast while staying "inside the outdoors" in our luxurious upscale tree house. Promoting Healthy Pleasures with numerous healing modalities. Barbara is "Da one" for super healing at Dragonfly. Ideal for workshops and retreats for individuals, couples, honeymooners, reunions, and family getaways. Located just above Puu Honua o Honaunau and the Famous TWO STEP swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving area. For information contact me-"Barbara"- at 1 (808) 328-9570, or email us for information at <reservations@dragonfly ranch.com> or check out our website <www.dragonflyranch.com>
TAO OF THE BODY
The Finest "Medical Massage Through Compassionate Treatment". Real Healing! Located Inside "Alter Ego"In Kailua-Kona. Contact Us For Appointments At (808) 937-7611 Or Email Us At Marlaynah@Gmail.Com Or Check Out Our Website At <Www.Taoofthebody.Com>
Discover the magic of sailing in Hawaii. Maile is a super 51 foot sailing boat. Take the helm or sit back and let yourself be captured by the beauty of the islands. Half day, sunset, overnight, or inter-island cruising charters. Located in South Kohala in Kawaihae Harbor--super sailing tours and sailing experience. Contact me!!!-"Tania"-- at 1 (808) 960-9744, or email us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>and check out our website <www.adventuresailing.com>
VOLCANO UPDATE INFORMATION
For the latest volcano eruption update information from the Hawaii Volcano National Park service telephone
1 (808) 985-6000
Kiluaea Volcano Status report 1 (808) 967-8862
Hawaii Volcano Observatory. Each of these reports gives you the latest update on volcano activity and information.
IS IT ORGANIC by Mischa Popoff. You can contact him through his website of <http://www.isitorganic.ca/home> Interesting book on history and present practices of organic farming. Good book to make you aware of what is going on in organic farming.
GENETIC ROULETTE-The Documented Health Risks of Engineered Foods. by Jeffrey M. Smith. If you do not know the health risks of (GMO) Genetically Modified Foods, you MUST read this well written book explaining just HOW DANGEROUS GMO FOODS ARE FOR THE WORLD.
- FUNGAL SOLUTION TO FIGHT THE "COFFEE BORING BEETLE" OR THE "HYPOTHENEMUS HAMPEI" we do NOT need insecticides or harmful chemical solutions. This Beauveria Bassiana is EPA approved for unrestricted use and is OMRI organically certified even on products a couple days before harvest. The following sites and hyperlinks will help you learn about this effective and openly available solution. Coffee farmers read.
Brazil got the problem under control in 1920 and again in 1970. Thank "God" their Department of Agriculture had an interest in solving the problem using Indigenous Micro Organisms, without GMO, and without chemicals. Every South American, Caribbean, African, and Central American coffee growing country has had this problem and has gotten it under control with Beauveria Bassiana.
The above document is from the University of Hawaii, Tropical Agriculture
The above link is the EPA technical document for use of BB
This is an important article on how to make the BB an IMO-Indigenous microorganism and how to establish it for future growth.
This site will give you some of the history of the problem of the CBB and the research done by the Instituto Biologico Brazil. They have got the problem under control and so can we in Hawaii if we will read the great reports from Brazil and Colombia concerning their intensive research and success in solving the problem we can see that there is a solution other than chemical pesticides.
Use of Beauveria Bassiana for control of Varroa and with bees. A researched Suggestion is to pick the area where you will place your bees, apply the BB before putting bees on location, place bees on location a couple days later. If hives are in the area, a very weak application of BB should be applied in the night when the bees are resting. Very interesting!!!!
This ARTICLE explains the LIFE CYCLE OF THE COFFEE BORER BEETLE. To understand how to control this bloody beetle you must know its life cycle and patterns of living and reproduction.
TO UNDERSTAND IS TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL. So read the following and learn.
To solve our problem, all coffee farmers MUST help and try to eliminate this coffee boring beetle. If your neighbor farmer does not apply the Beauveria Bassiana, that will make your work much harder. The problem exists!!! so WE must ALL try to eliminate the problem of this coffee boring beetle on our own farms. Closing your eyes to the problem helps nobody.
I have been in direct contact with scientists in Colombia, Brazil, Jamaica, and India. the following points are extremely important for applying the Beauveria Bassiana.
1. Use a pure water and NOT a chlorinated water. Chlorine kills the Beauveria Bassiana and retards the growth of "fungi".
2. Make the mixture with pure water, fish emulsifier, pure brown sugar or unsulfured molasses.
3. You MUST make the mix at least 24-48 hours BEFORE applying the spray. Once the spray mix has been made, leave the top "off" the container so the Beauveria Bassiana can get air-in otherwords!! "oxygen" as you want to create a living Indigenous Micro-organism. You need oxygen... so does the fungus to live-so let it breathe.
4. In making the mixture, make sure to use a "surfactant" which breaks down the water droplets and allows them to actually enter the infected coffee bean and kill the coffee boring beetle. a Mixture Without the surfactant the beads of water are too big and they might-from their own weight-fall off the coffee bean or leaf with the million fungi. The surfactant emulsifies the droplets so they are small enough that they can actually flow into the "puka" made from the coffee boring beetle.
5. IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!! Plan the mixing and application keeping in mind the local weather report. To apply the mixture... and then have a hard rain can wash the BB, molasses, fish emulsion, and surfactant mixture off the coffee.
6. If you apply the mixture to the coffee tree and you have a hard rain shortly after spraying, you might have to re-apply the mixture.
GOOD LUCK and get those damned beetles. Remember that the WHOLE WORLD of coffee growing has had this problem for MANY years and we in Hawaii were the last to have the problem.
Massive research has been done and the problem and solution is NOT new. The solution using Beauveria Bassiana is known throughout the World and works when applied properly and with patience. Kill da buggas!!